Crisis Management for HR and family Liaisons
If one of your staff members is involved in a critical incident overseas, you will start a crisis management team. As an HR officer you will have a specific role in this team. It is about staff wellbeing after all. Such an incident also affects the family. Including the family in your approach can be vital in the resolution of a crisis. How to include the families in your approach at an early stage? How to gain their trust and what support can you offer a family? How to prepare them for media attention? What practical issues can you prepare in case a crisis occurs?
The course is purposely designed for HR staff as part of the Crisis Management team, as well as selected (volunteering) members of staff responsible for supporting the relatives of colleagues involved in a crisis.
Duration of the training:
What will you be doing during this day?
The training contains strategic and a practical parts. Participants get introduced to the overall Crisis Management structure and setup, and learn how good family support can help to achieve the strategic objectives of the Crisis Management team. You will learn this by both theory and practice during this day.
Outcome of this training day :
- Knowledge of crisis management fundamentals and the position of HR
- Understanding Family support as part of the crisis structure, mandate, ways of working
- Knowing The profile of a family support officer
- Being able to prepare and design protocols for family support
- Understanding the needs of the home front
- Being able to develop a Q&A on this subject
- Having experienced several conversation, bearing of bad news, conflict handling
- Feedback to CMT (handover)
About the trainer
Jacob van ‘t Slot has spent over two decades in the field of psychology, security management and crisis communications as well in training as in crisis response on behalf of governments or as a private consultant. Several Dutch initiatives to enhance INGO security were supported to raise from the ground and Jacob advised the crisis management teams of a very high number of (I)NGO’s & human rights organisations, governmental and corporate clients during and in the recovery process of critical incidents.
Besides supporting INGO’s Jacob is still a member of an international kidnap response team and lectures operational security, crisis management en crisis communication at the Harvard Humanitarian Academy . He is a Certified Protection Professional ) (CPP) Crisis management expert (CCMO) and accredited Anti-Terrorism Officer.
- Level: HBO+ (Higher professional education/ university education)
- Pre- training: not required
- Study load: 8 hours
- Teaching materials are included in the course costs.